This week’s mix is some of the best of Timberland. Timberland is one of the best R&B producers I know. Yeah, I know he does rap too but his hiphop beats always appeals to these R&B ears of mine. He has the ability to make the hardest MCs sound danceable! Timberland is a genius. His beats always leave you slightly off kilter, slightly off beat with enough break for grinding. Yeah…I spent a lot of time grinding to Tim. Don’t let the lights go dim on some Aaliyah…don’t let the lights go dim and I owed somebody like Nas…Enough reminiscing…
(RantTime like back in the blogspot days)
As usual you may hear a few mistakes…I do this in one take with a little practice time to set up mix points and try out the beatmatching. In case you are wondering why I don’t spend more time on my “craft”..it’s because a Diva has a HUSBAND, a set of twins who are honor roll students and attending private school, I’m in Graduate School now..pursuing my Ph.D. in English Literature..plus I have a lot of friends…social media peeps included and all of this consumes my time. Oh and did I mention I’m a full time manager at a Top Graduate School? Yeah..A Diva is busy…
That said…I tried to camouflage any really bad mix points…I am really proud of some blends…Like 1&2, 2&3, 6&7, 8&9, 14&15, and some more…As said in class…I have a really good ear for beatmixing on turntables..and a talent for playlist selection… so please…enough comments on my beatmixing skills….
Enjoy it or click off.
I do this “every week”…I give you a new theme every week…I put a lot of time in choosing a good playlist to go along with my concept…I make my own coverart every week and I’m no artist! I’m really tired of the “Oh you didn’t do this right” and “you didn’t scratch..blah blah blah” comments.
I never promised you a rose garden.
I say all that to say…this is my hobby…and I enjoy it…I really do. Eventually I will purchase more equipment..I went to the Scratch Academy and got that Certificate…so please believe…I KNOW how to scratch!..Every week my mixes get better and every week I birth more music, which gets me back and forth to work and gives some folks pleasure.
I hope YOU enjoy it!
1. Are You That Somebody? – Aaliyah
2. Ride My Pony – Genuwine
3. Cry Me A River – Justin Timberlake
4. Oops Oh My – Tweet Ft Fabolous
5. The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) – Missy Elliott
6. All In My Grill – Missy Elliott
7. Can We Get Kinky Tonight Remix – SWV ft. Missy Elliot & Timberland
8. If Your Girl Only Knew – Aaliyah
9. Come Back in One Piece – Aaliyah ft DMX
10.Ride or Die B*tch – The Lox ft Timberland & Eve
11. The Bounce – Jay Z ft. Kanye West
12. You Owe Me – Nas Ft. Ginuwine
13. Love 2 Luv Ya – Timbaland & Magoo
14. The Way I Are – Timberland
15. Part of Me – Chris Cornell ft. Timberland
16. Now Drop – Timberland & Magoo ft Fat Man Scoop
17. Promiscuous Girl – Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland
18. My Love – Justin Timberlake Ft. T.I.
19. Trippin’ – Total ft. Missy Elliot
20. Beep Me 911 – Missy Elliott
21. Ice Box – Omarion Ft. Timberland
22. What About Us – Jodeci
23. One In A Million – Aaliyah
24. Call Me – Tweet
25. *igga What *igga Who – Jay Z
Girl… I LOVES me some Timbaland. Thanks for this one!
[…] DJ Diva-The MIXTRESS of R and B | Monday Mixtape: Timberland vol 1 themixtress.com/2009/09/21/monday-mixtape-timberland-vol-1 – view page – cached This week’s mix is some of the best of Timberland. Timberland is one of the best R&B producers I know. Yeah, I know he does rap too but his hiphop beats always appeals to these R&B ears of mine. He has the ability to make the hardest MCs sound danceable! Timberland is a genius. His beats always leave you slightly off kilter, slightly off beat with enough break for grinding. — From the page […]
This lineup is hot!
Keep doing your thing, girl. Your skills are on point. Let the haters hate. They don’t know how to do anything else!
Thanks a bunch the mixtape is fire…the 757 tracks really keep the industry jumping..VA stand up..the Luv 2 Luv ya track is a blessing..peace