This Monday Mixtape was a special request from one of my listeners. I put up a shoutbox for requests and Ebony so sweetly requested a mix of songs that inspire women. This was perfect timing because my birthday is Saturday and nothing makes an Aries feel better than some pump-me-up music. Some of my choices may leave you like huh? but I must say all of these songs mean a lot to me. I’ll never forget when I went on an interview for Pepsi and my cell phone went off. It was my mother of course, but I was so embarrassed because my ringtone was “Don’t Cha”. My interviewer smiled at me and said, “I love that song too”. I got the job.
Anyway, I hope this mix inspires you. I made it kid friendly because my daughters need to listen to it too! Enjoy!
1. Golden – Jill Scott
2. God In Me (Remix)(Ft. NeYo) – Mary Mary
3. New Attitude – Patti Labelle
4. I’m Every Woman – Whitney Houston
5. Gypsy Woman – Crystal Waters
6. The One – Mary J. Blige ft. Drake
7. Just Fine – Mary J. Blige
8. Glamorous Life – Sheila E
9. Don’t Cha – Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes
10. Poker Face – Lady GaGa
11. I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
12. She Works Hard For The Money – Donna Summer
13. Padlock – Gwen Guthrie
14. Ain’t Nothing Going On (But The Rent) – Gwen Guthrie
15. Young Hearts Run Free – Candi Stanton
16. Spotlight (Remix) – Jennifer Hudson Ft. Young Jeezy
17. Ladies First – Queen Latifah Ft Monie Love
18. Be Optimistic – Sounds of Blackness
19. Hate it Or Love it – Mary J Blige ft.The Game
20. Independent Woman – Destiny’s Child
21. Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) – Beyoncé
22. Hate on Me – Jill Scott
23. Miss Independent – Ne-Yo
24. A Rose is Still a Rose – Aretha Franklin
25. Irreplaceable – Beyonce
26. Whats Love Got To Do With It – Tina Turner
Happy Birthday to you….if there’s a house party going on, can I have an invite…the music will be bound to be good.
Great mix of songs…I’ll try it on my daughters (7 and 8) and see what they think of it.
Sometimes I think I have failed them…they’re in to High School Musical and its spin offs, and Hannah Montana. LOL
Have fun @ the weekend.
Hey “Soul Sis”!
It’s been a while since I graced your pages….love what you’ve done to the place…lol
Peace & Luv
Thank you I love this mixtape. You brought tears to my eyes.
@Eugene you know what? i’m starting to really like you! Thank you sir for your kind wishes…I have fully indoctrinated my twin girls(11) so much so that they can sing along to all these songs LOL Start early bruh! LOL Thank you coming thru as always my brother from across the pond!
@Mad Poetic MY BROTHER!!! how you doing? I’ve missed you! *blush* yeah..sis is trying to do a lil somsing LOL
@Ebony I am thankful u made the request! I cried too sis..but it was a good cry..like yeah..i am every woman dammit! Been thru it all and came out on the other side! Thank you for the request and I’m glad I lived up to your expectations!
Wow this mix was wonderful. I felt so uplifted after listening to this mix. Thank you for the inspiration.
(Definition-The epitome of a diva, in a positive manner. A female that is independant, confident, worldly, stylish, and all around fabulous)