You know my birthday is coming up so if you haven’t responded to the invite…please do so…I’d love to see you all there but I understand if you can’t make it! (for those out of town I know you can’t make it but I didn’t want to leave you out!)
This week’s Monday Mixtape was inspired by several different factors. Whenever I go to a party I always request songs…I can’t help it! And I always love when they play a track beyond the 2 min break…for me …some songs are meant to be 5-9 mins long!
I was watching Rupaul this week so I had a feeling I wanted to hear some Carl Bean.
Also, do you have a favorite mix or playlist that you like to hear while you getting ready to go out? Well I have been lacking one of those…so this one will be perfect!
My sister Divalicious usually has a request and this week it was for Jocelyn Brown.
Lastly…I happened to hear my husband singing Gwen Guthrie’s Aint Nothing Going On But The Rent and it was so funny that I had to throw that in too. Remember…the Mixtress does take requests! Just drop them in the comment section or facebook or twitter (yeesh)
@KingBoola I got your Alexander O’Neal coming!
1. Native New Yorker – Odyssey
2. The Glow of Love – Luther Vandross
3. I Know You, I Live You – Chaka Khan
4. Just Us – Two Tons of Fun
5. Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
6. I’m Caught Up (In A One Night Love Affair) – Jocelyn Brown
7. Inside Out – Odyssey
8. Candy – Cameo
9. Another Man – Barbara Mason
10. I Was Born This Way – Carl Bean
11. My Love Is Free – Double Exposure
12. Music Is My Way Of Life – Patti LaBelle
13. Running Away – Roy Ayers
14. Ten Percent – Double Exposure
15. It’s Not Over – First Choice
16. Ain’t Nothing Going On (But The Rent) – Gwen Guthrie
17. Padlock – Gwen Guthrie
18. Single Life – Cameo