Hey Everybody! I came up with this mix after watching the new Tyler Perry Movie “For Colored Girls” based on the play “For Colored Girls Who Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Wasn’t Enuf” by Ntozake Shange. I personally thought it was a good movie. I was thankful to see so many actresses of color working in a film about us. I am grateful that Tyler took the project on even though most don’t think he was qualified to do it. If he didn’t do it…who would have?
Anyway, considering my situation and the fact that I identified with most of the characters I decided to put together my own mix. I chose a song for all of the characters and for myself. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Man of The House – Fantasia Barrino (Me)
2. In My Bed – Amy Winehouse (Tangie)
3. Real Love – Mary J. Blige (Yasmine)
4. Another Man – Barbara Mason (Jo)
5. I Wish I Didn’t Miss You Anymore – Angie Stone (Juanita)
6. A Rose Is Still A Rose – Aretha Franklin (Gilda)
7. Mr. U.F.O. Man – Kelis (Alice)
8. More Than A Woman – Aaliyah (Kelly)
9. Runaway – Kanye West (Crystal and ME)
10. You Got Me – The Roots ft. Erykah Badu (Crystal)
11. Chasing Pavements – Adele (Yasmine)
12. She Will Be Loved – Maroon 5 (ALL)
13. I Believe I Can Fly – Yolanda Adams (ALL)
14. If I Could – Regina Belle (Crystal)
15. Jezebel – Sade (Tangie)
16. Hit On Me – Syleena Johnson (Crystal)
17. I Keep – Jill Scott (Yasmine)
18. Still Here – Jill Scott (Jo)
19. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word – Mary J. Blige (Me)
20. When A Woman’s Fed Up – R. Kelly (Me)
21. Hurts Like Hell – Aretha Franklin (ALL)
Hey Everybody! This week’s mixtape is a special request from my girl SueZette. She is a relationship blogger for CentricTV and she runs her own site DearZette.com. Zette and I have been friends for about 6 years and whatever she wants she gets This year it was SueZette’s Art of Seduction! Full of tracks sure [...]
This week’s mixtape is fulfilling a request from a long term blogger friend. SueZette. We have such long history (maybe I’ll blog about it on the private spot Zette ) but I love this girl. She is magnificent and striking and intelligent…she was going in a couple of weeks ago on Twitter and I dug what she was playing so I offered to make her a mix. I hope you enjoy our version of Sexcellence!
Welcome to another Monday Mixtape! The early millennium was a fun time for me. Also a very trying time…full of deceit and it just so happens that the music reflects my moods. I have everything from Gospel, Dance R&B, The Sexy South to hard core MOP. Enjoy!