Monday Mixtape: Diana Ross vs. Donna Summer (Disco Divas)
I have to say that I had a great time putting this one together. I was going to do Disco but somehow it shaped up into a battle between Diana Ross and Donna Summer. Long before there was a Bey Bey and Rhi Rhi battle…there was the grown Diva battle between Diana and Donna. Disco was good for Diana’s emerging solo career and for the newcomer Donna’s breakout hits. The 70’s were good to these ladies so I included most of their fast hits.
I will be honest…the last part of the mixtape was a birthday request for myself. I loved Diana’s ballads in the 70’s so I tacked on my favorites. I think my absolute favs are “Remember Me” and “Good Morning Heartache”. She killed it in Lady Sings The Blues and Mahogany.
For me the win goes to Diana aka Ms. Ross (and it helps that she’s an Aries like me). Who would you choose?
1. Love Hangover – Diana Ross
2. It’s My House – Diana Ross
3. Love To Love You Baby – Donna Summer
4. I Feel Love – Donna Summer
5. The Boss – Diana Ross
6. Heaven Knows – Donna Summer
7. McArthur’s Park – Donna Summer
8. I’m Coming Out – Diana Ross
9. On the Radio – Donna Summer
10. Dim All the Lights – Donna Summer
11. Upside Down – Diana Ross
12. Bad Girls – Donna Summer
13. Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
14. Last Dance – Donna Summer
15. Remember Me – Diana Ross
16. Touch Me in the Morning – Diana Ross
17. Good Morning Heartache – Diana Ross
18. Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You Going To)- Diana Ross
19. Aint No Mountain High Enough – Diana Ross & the Supremes
If you like this mix..maybe you’ll like these!