Welcome to the Last Monday Mixtape of the year! I had so much fun this year doing these new music compilation mixtapes. In case you missed them: February Jams April Rain June Jackin Back to School November Swerve December Remix I have been told I have a talent for picking hits. This could be true by looking at the lists and seeing many songs that have ended up banging on the radio. Also I have been critisized for not cutting and scratching…so in the first half of the mix I experimented with some cutting and special effects…ehh…we’ll see if I do it again. 2009 will bring my one year anniversary on the mixtress…I’m even shocked that I stuck with it this long and didn’t go back to personal blogging. It’s been fun but of course the game has to be stepped up! Look for changes and for all of yall tired of one track mixes…I got something for yall too…
Scribe (My Husband), Fave, Mr. Fresh, Darrenkeith, Todd Kelley….I inadvertently left out my mentor EJ Flavors…But yall know that not only is he my Sensei but he is one of my real friends! Of course I have a reason for every song I play and this time I decided to share those tidbits with you!!!! Happy New Year and I look forward to bringing you more hot new jams in 09!
1. Just Fine – Mary J. Blige – this song really was a testament to Mary’s ability to make you dance
2. Single ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Beyonce – I love that I got my husband to give me a drop on this track…yall know it’s my favorite
3. Green Light – John Legend Ft. Andre 3000 – This collabo was one of the best in 2008
4. Supa Sexy – Charlie Wilson Ft. T Pain – “You’re no model, Coke bottle, yeah you look good to me” Thank you Charlie for showing some love to the stacked ladies!
5. Closer – Ne-Yo – the first single off the Year of the Gentleman…Ne-Yo showed us why it was his year!
6. Nobody – Ne-Yo – This wasn’t released as a single but it was my favorite track on the album followed closely by Miss Independent but this track won!
7. By My Side – Jadakiss ft Ne-Yo – THE HOTTEST COLLABO THIS YEAR!
8. Pop Champagne (Remix) – Ron Browz Ft.Jim Jones, Juelz Santana – “How we ball in the club/I know you hate it!” HARLEM.STAND.UP!
9. Hi Haters – Maino – My welcome back to NY song…
10. A Millie – Lil Wayne – I wasn’t a Lil Weezy fan but even I had to admit that this beat KNOCKS!!!
11. Diva – Beyonce – I.STAN.FOR.BEY.BEY
12. Spotlight (Remix) – Jennifer Hudson Ft. Young Jeezy – In spite of her tragedy and lackluster album…this song was a club banger…Ladies gave mates the side eye all over the place!
13. It’s Over – John Legend ft. Kanye West – “What do you keep calling me for?” This gets filed away as one of the best “leave me the hell alone/Get Gone” songs of the decade!
14. Heartless – Kanye West – “And we jus goin be enemies!” Word up yo! Heartless=DJ Diva
15. Champion – Kanye West – This was one my favorite from the Graduation album and what does Ye-Ye do? Drops another!
16. Gettin Up – Q-Tip – Tip dropped a great LP this year…but Twitter and internet heads already know…cause we now have him up in the midst! Great job on the social media marketing.
17. Honey – Erykah Badu – Although I expected more from her album New Amerykah…Honey was banging and video was ultra hot!
18. Magic – Robin Thicke – Again…lackluster album…but I still love Mr. Thicke
19. Be Ok – Chrisette Michele ft. Will.I.Am– Her album dropped in 07…but this track made it on the Feb Jams and is one that I could listen to over and over.
20. One More Drink – Ludacris ft T Pain – Luda bangs in another home run…with the ever present T-Pain and Autotune
21. Cant Believe It – T-Pain Ft. Lil Wayne – 2008 was the year of the Auto Tune…and this track was so hot that 50 cent pulled out the auto to jump on the track!
22. Lollipop – Lil’ Wayne ft. T-Pain – Autotune frenzy…and yes I love those dang lyrics..it appeals to my inner bird LOL
23. I Luv Your Girl (Remix) – The Dream ft. Young Jeezy – My husband hates this track…but you know why I like it right?
24. Bust Your Windows – Jazmine Sullivan ft. The Dream – I wonder if the Angry Dwarf felt like her when he bust my window out my car…hmmmmmm
25. Whatever You Like – T.I. Ft. Ludacris – Yes TI…that’s how it’s supposed to be…Please school these negroes..
26. Mrs. Officer – Lil’ Wayne Ft. Bobby Valentino – Wee ooo wee oo wee…You know you loved this song! So that’s it for New Music Monday Mixtapes for 2008.